Heather Matwe considers herself a multi disciplined artist. Her work ranges from jewellery and metal work to painting, touching every thing in between. Born and raised in Calgary, her upbringing has always been infused with nature and it’s minutia, a theme that reoccurs in all her work.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Ring a Week Project - Week 2

For my second ring project I wanted to do something totally different. After a scavenge around our studio and an inspiring conversation with Brendan I found some fiber optic cable for a model we made years ago. I thought is would be cool to have a ring that was illuminated.

So here is my first try...


A Sterling Silver ring, size 9, made out of tubing with fiber optics threaded through the center. It picks up some ambient light and glows at each opening.

I think this project needs another try as a stronger light source is needed.
OK, time to call in the engineers and computers guys for some input and help.

No comments: